Woodside stands with Australian businesses to support our community in its time of need. Together with our staff, we are contributing $760,000 to bushfire relief.
Within a week of opening our internal appeal, our people had contributed $180,000 - proudly matched by us, in addition to our corporate donation. Of the total funds, $430,000 is going to the Australian Red Cross and $330,000 to the Business Council of Australia's Volunteer Support Trust.
The Australian Red Cross is supporting thousands of people in evacuation centres and recovery hubs across Australia.
The money donated will help Red Cross give people the support they need, including:
- Psychological first aid to reduce trauma
- Emergency assistance (including cash grants to people who have lost homes)
- Longer-term recovery programs in disaster-affected communities
- Essential costs like transport, office space, finance and IT systems
- Supporting volunteers and covering their expenses
- Helping families and communities prepare for disasters
You can donate and learn more here.
The Business Council of Australia's Volunteer Support Trust will assist the families of any volunteer in Australia who loses their life through their volunteer work. You can donate and learn more here.
Our employees volunteering in emergency response efforts across the country are able to access uncapped paid leave.
Our thoughts remain with everyone affected.