Woodside is proud of our support of Australian small businesses. We recognise that prompt, reliable payment times can help small suppliers remain viable and even expand and create jobs, so we've signed up to the new
Australian Supplier Payment Code (the Code).
The Code, developed by the Business Council of Australia, is a voluntary, industry-led initiative which commits signatory companies to pay eligible Australian Small Business Suppliers within 30 days of receipt of a correct invoice, or receipt of a correct product from the supplier (whichever occurs later).
To be eligible for 30-day payment terms under the Code, you must:
- Be an existing Woodside supplier, or in the process of onboarding with us
- Be an Australian business, with an Australian ABN; and
- Have an annual turnover of no more than A$10 million, with fewer than 20 employees. Where your business is part of a consolidated group, the measure of annual turnover and employee numbers should be on a consolidated basis.
Eligible Small Business Suppliers are encouraged to apply for 30-day payment terms by sending a copy of your current Woodside contract or purchase order, along with a statement from an independent accounting firm, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The statement must be signed by a member of one of the following professional accounting bodies:
- Institute of Public Accountants
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
The statement must include the signing member's name, title, company, and professional membership number.
Once your registration is assessed, you will receive a notification advising you of the outcome. If you are deemed eligible, your payment terms will be varied to 30 days from date of next invoice received.
To ensure that conditions of your business have not changed, we will seek an update of the above statement every three years. We will notify you three months before such an update is required.
Find out more about Woodside's commitment to local content here.